Title: Communications & Marketing Coordinator
Location: Memphis, TN
Contact: Human Resources
Deadline: April 27
Christian Brothers University
This position is responsible for working with the Executive Director of the Communications & Marketing department to create “top of mind” awareness and promotion of CBU programs, faculty, staff, and students through traditional and nontraditional media. This position serves as the lead for the Communications & Marketing team in the planning, implementation, evaluation, continuous development and day-to-day tasks for the University websites and social media.
In addition, the Communications & Marketing Coordinator is responsible for writing copy that expands CBU’s Web presence and is used in other marketing publications, increasing media presence, assisting in internal marketing campaigns, and coordinating new initiatives that assist in expanding the CBU brand to distinguish the University from other institutions.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
• Development and execution of written web content according to University style guidelines, including original content and content that is edited and/or rewritten from copy by internal constituents
• Assist in the design and ongoing development of the University’s website(s).
• Perform ongoing maintenance and updating of the University website(s).
• Support and assist all University constituents in developing web pages and/or microsites for their respective departments or units.
• Web copy
• Prepare media releases about current CBU programs, faculty, student and staff accomplishments and pitch potential story ideas through the established and good working relationships that CBU already has with the media. Regularly provide updated information to the media and seek new media sources for the University.
• Marketing/advertising copy
• Articles/interviews for University publications
Social media responsibilities:
• Develop and implement social media content.
• Monitor social media channels and engage with online audiences, both reactively and proactively, to promote the University.
• Monitor and identify current and emerging trends and creative developments in the social media industry.
• Monitor and measure social media activity through analytics (e.g., Facebook insights, page views, Twitter followers, etc.).
• Assist in maintaining and expanding CBU’s social media presence and marketing opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience in editorial and technical content development with the ability to craft content to web appropriate formats
• Knowledge of the social media industry including channels such as YouTube, Flickr, Twitter, Facebook, StumbleUpon, Delicious, Digg, blogs, Wikis, etc.
• Familiarity with content management and the use of content management systems
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Ability to multi-task and possess a high aptitude for details
• Ability to maintain a high level of discretion when dealing with sensitive/confidential information
• Ability to work independently and to exercise sound judgment and discretion
• Demonstrated interest in being a part of a growing area that requires working in a fast-paced environment
• Cooperative attitude and highly developed interpersonal skills to work with diverse group of students, faculty, administrators, and staff
• Time management skills, ability to set priorities and flexibility in work schedules
Additional Qualifications (Non-Essential):
• Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, Adobe Photoshop/Fireworks
• Experience with SEO
• Experience with production of web video, podcasts, etc.
• Experience in higher education or nonprofit sector
• Working knowledge of Banner database system
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, or English preferred.
• Three to five years experience in public relations/marketing, communications or related field.
• Full time, M-F, 8:00 am- 4:30 pm, with some weekend and overtime work required.
To Apply: Please forward resume and cover letter to email@example.com. For full listing click here.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Resumes received by April 27 will receive first consideration.