Dexter Elementary is looking for a volunteer to help with their newsletter and PR efforts. If interested, contact Kelli Mealer at (901) 674-0553.
Title: Congressional Internship
Location: Memphis, TN
Contact: Jeremy Jordan
Provide administrative support to members of the congressional staff by answering a high volume of incoming constituent calls on a multi-line telephone, taking messages, greeting walk-in constituents, assisting congressional staff by drafting formal correspondence and performing clerical duties, which include typing, copying, filing, processing incoming mail, and data entry.
Qualification for internship applicants must include:
- Strong written and oral skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure
- Highly motivated
- Ability to comprehend and follow directions
- Ability to think creatively
- Flexibility to work well with others in a group setting
- Strong people skills
This a non-paid, volunteer internship. However, students may be able to use this internship for college credit. Interested students must send a copy of their resume and cover letter detailing their interest and any relevant experience to the attention of email@example.com. Space is limited.
The American Cancer Society is seeking a volunteer chair and volunteer participants for a Greater Memphis communications committee.
This is a great opportunity for those passionate about fighting cancer and who (1) have a communications background; (2) are media and computer savvy; (3) can write well; (4) value the roles of a volunteer/staff partnership; (5) can recruit other communications volunteers; and (6) are committed to our mission to eliminate cancer as a major health problem.
The volunteer communications committee would, under guidance from the American Cancer Society’s regional communications staff:
- Participate in Society orientation and training(s);
- Recruit other volunteers to serve on the communications committee;
- Work with a chair to coordinate promotion of Society programs, services, and events in various media;
- Provide input on a communications plan;
- Help identify potential community partners and media sponsors;
- Develop and disseminate a community newsletter (template);
- Serve as (trained) media spokespersons;
- Attend local events as able;
- Update the local leadership council every other month.
To apply contact Tracie Bertaut.