Location: 1044 Mississippi Blvd, Memphis
Description: Common Ground, a race relations initiative started by Commercial Appeal columnist Wendi Thomas, is looking for an intern.
Contact: Greta Hunter, Program Director for Common Ground
YWCA of Greater Memphis
Sarah Brown Branch
1044 Mississippi Blvd.
Memphis, TN 38126
The duties will include the following:
· Assisting with writing website content and follow-up activities associated with implementing a new site design;
· Administrative activities associated with Common Ground communications, advertisement, and electronic follow-up
· Assist with session administration to include recruitment, site coordination;
· Update and maintain social network sites; and
· Attend period meetings.
Hours: 3 to 4 hours, 3 days a week.
· Good writing and strong oral communications skills
· Able to use Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point
· Transportation required
· 3rd or 4th year students preferred.
To apply: Contact Greta Hunter at (901) 948-0493 for more information.
Interns: It is strongly advised that you enroll in the journalism’s department’s internship class. Read more here http://uofmpdi.posterous.com/want-an-internship-in-the-spring-important-in