LAUNCH MEMPHIS COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP
LOCATION : Memphis
Elizabeth Lemmonds, Chief Brand Officer with LaunchYourCity, Inc.
LaunchMemphis is a non-profit that fuels an entrepreneurial community. We provide programming and resources to innovators with bold ideas, and help them convert their concepts into solid and sustainable business models. Information about our season programming can be found on our website.
• Support LaunchMemphis social media profiles in accordance with brand standards and strategy; this includes daily posting, live tweeting events, publishing photos and videos, and promoting events.
• Draft content for our website, including pre- and post-event coverage, startup profiles and other topics connected to entrepreneurship and innovation.
• Draft content as needed for bi-monthly newsletters and announcements.
• Take photographs, record short videos and capture quotes and stories at events.
• Help maintain the Founders Toolkit, a set of documents used with our entrepreneurs, workshops and startup programming (e.g., BOOSTcamp, 48 Hour Launch).
• Enter and maintain data as needed in our database, including media outreach and articles, mailing list members and event attendance.
• Produce media alerts as needed.
• Roughly 10-15 hours per week; hours can be flexible to a student’s schedule but you must be available for some evening and weekend activities.
• Strong communications skills and interpersonal savvy.
• The ability to multitask, learn on the fly and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Project management skills to see tasks through completion and on time.
• Familiarity with basic office software (e.g., Microsoft Word or equivalent), photo editing (e.g., iPhoto, Photoshop), and social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter).
• Familiarity with any of the following preferred: video editing software (e.g., iMovie, Final Cut Pro), advanced or emerging social media platforms (e.g., RebelMouse, Storify), blogging software (e.g., WordPress), databases (e.g., Salesforce), document layout and design (e.g., Publisher, In Design).
Interested students may contact Elizabeth Lemmonds, Chief Brand Officer with LaunchYourCity, Inc., at firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide your name, a resume if available and a brief description of your interest in the position and relevant skills.