DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL MARKETING MARTIN METHODIST COLLEGE (FULL-TIME JOB)
LOCATION: PULASKI, TN (SOUTH OF NASHVILLE, TN)
The Director of Digital Marketing is responsible for developing and overseeing the execution of a strategic marketing plan that includes website redesign, search engine marketing and social media initiatives. He/she will also be the gatekeeper of all digital content for the College and will work closely with staff members to create and gather content for digital media outlets. He/she will ensure that all posted content adheres to Martin Methodist College’s (MMC) brand and marketing messages as well as its mission statement.
The Director of Digital Marketing serves as a member of the Program Council and reports directly to the Vice President of Finance and Administration.
- Draw up schedules for projects underway to ensure technical teams, vendors, and content contributors meet deadlines.
- Develop budgets for projects, monitor costs, provide status reports to management and incorporate feedback from the Executive Council.
- Stay current on internet trends, site features and best practices. Research competitive institution websites, social media and other trends in higher education in order to stay competitive with MMC’s digital offerings.
- Develop measurable metrics to ensure successful marketing, recruiting, sales and outreach efforts.
- Work with Admissions and Advancement offices to find innovative ways to meet enrollment and fundraising goals.
- Ability to communicate results to management.
- Be the eyes and ears of our brand. Identify threats and opportunities and take appropriate steps in a timely manner.
- Help define strategies for MMC’s e-marketing objectives.
- Be efficient in multi-tasking several large projects
Web Development Responsibilities
- Serve as Project Leader for the launch of the new website by working with web design firm and MMC colleagues.
- Work with Academics to promote class offerings and to highlight different academic areas on the website on a regular basis.
- Assist with bookstore marketing efforts to increase online purchases.
- Lead and manage Digital Content Team that will contribute website/digital content from each department/division. Ensure that all content submitted by the Team adheres to MMC’s brand and marketing message as well as its mission statement.
- Responsible for creating an online product experience for our constituents.
Search Engine Marketing and Social Media Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing and posting content on designated MMC social media outlets.
- Cultivate new customers and manage branded online communities using Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social media outlets.
- Provide relevant content daily while tracking metrics and monitoring online content.
- Implement new functionality to website and in online media as needed to deliver increased brand loyalty.
- Manage/Optimize both paid search and natural search initiatives to increase web traffic.
- Work to link MMC’s website to other sites to optimize search engine presence.
- Find and add MMC’s information to free college information websites for students.
- Has a bachelor’s or associates degree in advertising, marketing, web development or communications.
- Has a history of 3+ years of professional work experience in Digital Marketing/Business Development
- Has a history of project management
- Has the ability to be both creative and analytical in their marketing strategy
- Has a current working knowledge of Search Engine Marketing, Web Development, and Social Media
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment.
MEMPHIS CONNECTION: Andrew Brown: email@example.com