MARKETING COORDINATOR, UofM BOOKSTORE (PAID PART-TIME JOB, CURRENT STUDENT/RECENT GRAD)
CONTACT: Store Manager Donna Collier
DESCRIPTION: Assist Store Manager in marketing functions for the store. Provide targeted marketing support for The University of Memphis Bookstore, including but not limited to proactively seeking/pursuing new opportunities. Assist in the evaluation of existing marketing plans, while working to increase sales, traffic and market share whenever possible.
- Marketing Expertise
- Assist in marketing and advertising needs/plans for the store
- Work with on and off campus officials to be a brand ambassador for the store
- Coordinate, under store manager’s lead, store sponsored events including reserving facilities, sending invitations, executing tactics, etc.
- Store Profiling
- Assist in developing profile of store based on market needs, customer types, and demographics in order to better serve the customer and increase store sales.
- Assist in development and execution of annual marketing plan for the store that will drive traffic during both key sales periods and campus specific events.
- Work with the home office, campus officials and local vendors to conceptualize new initiatives.
- Marketing Communication with Store and Home Office
- Communicate updates on status of store projects and initiatives to store manager and communicate home office initiated programs to the store staff.
- Work with store manager and home office to determine which local marketing tactics to employ, develop copy and content for communications
- Manage the store’s Facebook page and Twitter accounts by keeping them current and relevant.
- Ownership of Specific Projects/Return on Investment
- Follow up on in-store and online promotions (i.e. author signings, local celebrations, etc) in an effort to determine success, determining if the promotion fits the market, as well as if sales balance expenses.
- Business mindset (marketing, advertising, PR)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively via email, phone, and in person
- Detail oriented with ability to think through all possible aspects of a situation and see it from all sides
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment
- Excellent analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative)
- Ability to initiate projects, take ownership of them, and remain motivated throughout their execution
- Strong aptitude for creative thinking
- Well organized
- Capacity to function well in a team but also work independently as needed
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple priorities
- Understanding of branding and message consistency
- Experience with social media and ability to execute social media programs
- Ability to travel to event sites as well as work non-standard hours as needed
TO APPLY: Send your resume to Donna Collier firstname.lastname@example.org