As an alum of the journalism department, we would like for you to remain involved in the program and aid in the development of our current students so that the journalism department remains strong and active. Here are a few ways you can get involved:
Join the Journalism Alumni Club.
- The Club meets the 2nd Thursday of each month at 12:30 pm in the Alumni Center. If you’d like to join us or for more information, please contact the Alumni Association at email@example.com or 901.678-2586.
- Follow the JAC on Facebook.
- Donate to the JAC by contacting club president Dan Hope at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a Mentor.
- The Mentorship Program is a joint effort of the U of M and the Journalism Alumni Club. It was created to affect positive change in the journalism industry by bringing together the University of Memphis, the business community and students.
- If you are an alum and would like to serve as a mentor or if you have any questions regarding the program, please contact Dr. Lurene Kelley at email@example.com or 901.678-2405.
Do you have a personal story you’d like to share about how you found your first job or internship? Or do you know some great resume-writing or interviewing tricks? If you do and you’d like to share them with our students and alumni, send our placement officer an e-mail and we’ll post it to the site.
Read the latest Alumni Newsletter.