Location: Washington, DC
Description: The National Lesbian & Gay Journalists Association office internship is an ideal opportunity for a student interested in non-profit management, news media and/or LGBT issues. Located in Washington, DC. NLGJA Interns work in a fast-paced office environment and build professional skills that strengthen any résumé, gain hands-on experience in non-profit administration and organization culture, meet some of journalism’s most respected movers and shakers — LGJA’s 650 members hail from all sectors and market sizes of the media industry, and interns interact with them on a daily basis, and Receive one year of free NLGJA membership and take advantage of the organization’s networking and professional development opportunities. Internships are adjustable to student schedules. 10-week commitments are preferred. Interns work a 25-hour week. This internship is unpaid. Summer internships will be selected on a rolling basis starting May 15.
More information available at http://www.nlgja.org/about/opportunites/internship.htm
Contact: Bach Polakowski at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 588-9888 for more information
Responsibilities: Interns will:
- Assist in the planning and promotion of NLGJA’s LGBT Media Summit & National Convention.
- Assist in the planning of NLGJA’s Excellence in Journalism Awards by processing entries and communicating with applicants and judges.
- Handle social media communication and interaction.
- Respond daily to inquiries from press, members, association leaders and the general public.
- Provide support to NLGJA staff on projects involving membership, chapter relations, development and programming.
To apply: Please send cover letter, resume, writing sample, and the phone number and names of three references (work and academic) to NLGJA Internship, email@example.com.
Interns: It is strongly advised that you enroll in the journalism’s department’s internship class. Read more here http://uofmpdi.posterous.com/want-an-internship-in-the-spring-important-in