From the New York Intern Project (find out more at the program’s website):
Affect, a PR agency in New York City, is running a very unique contest for a paid internship called The New York Intern Project. We are giving participants the chance to compete for a hands-on, three month internship at Affect, a $5,000 salary and a housing stipend of up to $2,500 to live in New York City for the summer.
Here’s how it works:
- Interns dreaming of a career in public relations and social media will submit a creative video or photo entries to the contest web site on why they would make the ideal intern. To see videos from last year, visit http://www.nyinternproject2011.com
- The top five semi-finalists will be selected via public voting on the contest website, and a lucky sixth contestant will be chosen as a wildcard by the judges. All six semi-finalists will be interviewed via Skype for a spot in the finals
- The top two finalists from the Skype interview round will be flown to New York to meet the Affect team and have an in-person interview with our industry-known judges
- The lucky winner of the New York Intern Project will be announced at the beginning of May and the internship will commence in June
Affect’s winning intern will be immersed in day-to-day agency life and complete real public relations and social media projects for the agency. The intern will get an opportunity to:
- See firsthand how to manage public relations and social media accounts Experience running an Affect social media application and write blog posts
- Participate in organizing an Affect event for a client or the agency
- Attend New York public relations and social media industry events
- Tour a leading New York media organization
- Learn how to create media lists, pitches and account reports
- Write an Affect press release and case study
The contest will end Friday, April 27th.
Interns: It is strongly advised that you enroll in the journalism’s department’s internship class. Read more here.