Location: Memphis, Tenn.
Description: The primary responsibilities of the Writer/Producer position are to assist the WREG-TV Director of Creative Services in promoting news and other station activities.
- PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, writes, shoots, edits and produces news promotional spots for on-air, both generic and topical.
- Develops, writes, shoots, edits and produces entertainment and special events promotion spots for on-air, both generic and topical.
- Assists with the production and implementation of topical and/or series news promotions to be used for placement on station’s air and in external advertising.
- Handles tracking of special station advertising spots for placement verification.
- Maintain promotional presence on WREG.com, social media, and other websites when necessary. Format and upload promotional spots, write captions, and update content in proper formats.
- Conceptualizes graphics and enlists graphic support to clearly enhance and emphasize promotional messages.
- SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inserts station promotion/advertising into daily log.
- Maintains communication between station and Digital Operating Center to insure accuracy in airing of station promotion.
- Insures accuracy and timeliness of station promotional spot playback by demonstrating thorough understanding of station traffic and automation systems
- Maintains all master promo/graphic reels and backup drives
- Insures all department equipment is in proper operating condition at all times.
- Compiles highlight reels for internal station and company communication.
- Assists in handling requests for local/network program information
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Creative ability to write copy and produce news promotions.
Grammar skills. Able to communicate well with the general public, civic organizations, and the news, production and traffic personnel. Video editing skills on Final Cut Pro or other future editing software. Photography and remote video production skills. Able to plan and organize so that production and editing sessions run smoothly and stay on time. Photoshop skills. Adobe After Effects skills.
To apply: If you are interested, apply in writing to:
803 Channel 3 Drive
Memphis, TN 38103
Fax information to (901) 543-2350 or e-mail Randy.Culbertson@WREG.com. No phone calls please.