Title: Communications Specialist (Internship – PAID)
Location: Memphis, Tenn.
Description: OpinMed is an Internet health information and rating start‐up company. OpinMed is similar to Yelp!, TripAdvisor, and Amazon, but focused on the health and pharmaceutical experience. It is our initial focus to provide a simple medical search tool for patients, physicians & pharmaceutical companies to share ratings, opinions & reviews which will then develop into a full service health site. The Company is seeking an enthusiastic upper classmen, graduate student, or recent graduate willing to be an intern/part time with the potential of a full time position. The ideal person would have strong public relations, marketing, writing, and research skills. This will be a very cool opportunity based on the goals set for the company over the next 48 months.
Contact: Scott Vogel, CEO, Scovogel33@bellsouth.net
- Writing news releases
- Contacting media outlets
- Handling interviews (eventually) from news outlets
- Building a complete communication plan
- Content development
- Contacting and interacting with nonprofit health associations & pharmaceutical companies
- Monitoring activity on our web site
- Working on company presentations
- Eventually interacting with the marketing and advertising agency
- Organizing seminars and tradeshows
- Need a “bull dog” personality
- Must know how to reach media outlets
- Speaking in Public
- Interaction with our technology team in San Francisco
- Internet Copy Writer
- Travel to tradeshows
To apply: Contact Scott Vogel (CEO), Scovogel33@bellsouth.net
Interns: It is strongly advised that you enroll in the journalism’s department’s internship class. Read more here.