Location: Memphis, Tenn.
Description: The Communications Intern will assist the Communications Manager with print and e-newsletters, website maintenance, design projects, and other projects as available. This is an unpaid internship with a semi-flexible schedule. You will gain:
- Solid communication experience.
- Flexible hours where, when appropriate notice, the supervisor will work to schedule hours around exams and other deadlines.
- Opportunity to interact with other professionals in the business and non-profit sectors.
- A great professional recommendation for your valuable work.
- Knowledge that you are making a difference in your community.
Each intern will have the option to tour or meet with one of the following:
- Television Station
- Radio Station
- Print House
- Executive Recruiter Office
If the intern wishes to receive academic credit for the internship, it will be the intern’s responsibility to make arrangements with his or her school. The Make-A-Wish Foundation of the Mid-South will provide the necessary job description and performance review upon request.
Intern will work 15+ hours per week. The time commitment may vary according to intern’s arrangement and request.
Contact: Anne Taylor, Volunteer Coordinator, email@example.com, 901-692-9511
- Writing PSA’s, press releases, newsletters, communications plan and letters.
- Developing flyers, forms, displays and presentation materials, etc.
- Updating, maintaining and improving the chapter website.
- Assisting with interviews and photos for articles.
- Maintaining files and electronic databases.
- Other projects within the realm of communications.
Qualifications: Applicants must have experience with news writing, layout and design. Knowledge of AP style is preferred. Experience with Adobe InDesign and the Mircosoft Office suite is preferred, but not required. Prior event communication experience is also preferred, but not required.
- Pursuing bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or related field.
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communications skills required.
- Strong organization, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Some travel required, within the Memphis area.
To apply: Please send cover letter, resume and supplemental questions to Anne Taylor, Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1780 Moriah Woods Blvd, Suite 10 Memphis, TN 38117. Phone: 901-692-9511; Fax: 901-680-0912.