The American Cancer Society is seeking a volunteer chair and volunteer participants for a Greater Memphis communications committee.
This is a great opportunity for those passionate about fighting cancer and who (1) have a communications background; (2) are media and computer savvy; (3) can write well; (4) value the roles of a volunteer/staff partnership; (5) can recruit other communications volunteers; and (6) are committed to our mission to eliminate cancer as a major health problem.
The volunteer communications committee would, under guidance from the American Cancer Society’s regional communications staff:
- Participate in Society orientation and training(s);
- Recruit other volunteers to serve on the communications committee;
- Work with a chair to coordinate promotion of Society programs, services, and events in various media;
- Provide input on a communications plan;
- Help identify potential community partners and media sponsors;
- Develop and disseminate a community newsletter (template);
- Serve as (trained) media spokespersons;
- Attend local events as able;
- Update the local leadership council every other month.
To apply contact Tracie Bertaut.